Nature Republic Stain Girl’s Tint

Review for Nature Republic Stain Girl’s Tint 

What’s up everyone! Today I’m going to review the Nature Republic Stain Girl’s Tint in red (blue bottle) and pink (pink bottle). I bought them during my recent Malaysia trip which you can read here. Nature Republic is a Korean brand similar to Etude House, Tony Moly, Holika Holika, The Face Shop and etc. Their price range is pretty affordable; I find the brand’s skincare to be on the pricier side compared to their makeup. 




There are a total of 3 shades. The red (blue bottle) has a more coral colour compared to the pink (pink bottle). There is one more orange colour which I did not buy because orange doesn’t really suit my skin tone that well.





 R-L: Number 1 Girl's Red, Number 2 Girl's Pink (above)




Irresistibly cute design (above)


 Swatches!




Mini lip swatch
Sorry for the really chapped lips, my lips gets ridiculously dry at times.

Pros:

As shown in the swatches above, colour is extremely beautiful and wearable and stains the lips for a long time around 3 hours with drinking before significant fading occurs. Texture feels like water, really smooth and cooling when applied to the lips. Does not feel heavy or sticky like lipsticks and glosses, in fact; it feels like you have nothing on. 

Product comes with a doe-foot applicator for easy application. Size of the bottle is decent. Product does contain a pleasant cherry fragrance so people who are sensitive to scents are warned. The stain is very affordable.


Cons:

It is extremely drying! That happens to a lot of lip stains which is the excessive drying of lips. And unlucky me, who has the most sensitive lips that cracks and flakes with ANYTHING on my lips. It is unfortunate. There is lip balm, but I have to keep reapplying to prevent my lips from drying out! So I will not recommend it to girls with sensitive lips like mine. 

Since the lip stain’s texture is similar to water, it tends to seep into the lines and emphasizes cracks on lips. I find myself having to blend the stain quickly before it dries into the fine lines.

It has a horrible taste! The tint tastes bitter (similar to chemicals) initially and then the bitterness disappears and has a cherry aftertaste. It is kinda a weird experience. Even after the stain has dried, the taste still lingers so if you are put off by tastes in products, I will not recommend it.

Yadda Yadda:

I purchased the 2 lip tints at a Nature Republic store at Malaysia. They cost me around SGD$6. For a more detailed price list please read. Will I repurchase? Yes. Have you guys tried any other brands of lip stains? Do recommend me some!

Packaging: 5/5
Application: 5/5
Effectiveness: 4/5 (-1 for drying effect)
Lasting power: 4/5
Price: 5/5
Overall ratings: 4.5/5


Love, 

Anonymous

6 comments :

  1. If you want a tint that doesn't dry out your lips you should try the face shop's 'Lovely Me:EX Milky Tint' It has a lotion texture so it keeps your lips moisturize but it also dries up like other tints so that it does not leave a sticky feeling afterwards. But I think this tint is only for the lips, haven't seen anyone trying it on the cheek yet. Hope this helps :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wanting to try that out for such a long time but didn't have the chance to buy it! I will definitely try them out in the future, thank you so much for recommending them! :)

      Delete
  2. i really love lip stain too. and as far now, tony moly tony tint is still the best one for me.. really love it!

    ditaindahlestari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dita Indah Lestari,

      I do have the Tony Moly Lip Tint as well but haven't had the chance to do a review on them. I am not quite sure what I think about them yet so I may need to use them more regularly for a longer period of them so I can get a more precise opinion on them. Thank you for reading my blog! :)

      Delete
  3. hello, i have a sensitive lips like you too
    but i tried out the face shop Lovely ME:EX Aqua Tint and it did give my lips moisture
    the color quite good too~~
    want to try it out?
    the face shop is doing a big sale right? (at least at malaysia it is~~)
    i bought mine around RM14.00 on sale~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi An Berry!

      Yea I think I have seen it before in stores as well! I would love to try it out if a chance by a store near me. Thank you for recommending it to me!

      Delete