Summer Must-Have Blushes


Hi guys! So we are entering into Summer season now and the weather is HOT! The first thing when the word summer comes into my mind is definitely sun-kissed skin. For pale girls like myself that could not ever get a tan to stay longer than a day is in trouble and here in the southeastern Asia, self tanner isn't a commodity that we can get off the shelf at beauty supplies stores. So a tip I use to get radiant, healthy looking skin is by using blushes.

Below are a few blushes from my blush collection that I feel tags really well with summer. For summer, I feel that warm coral blush tones are able to achieve the appearance of sun-kissed skin better than cool tones like purple blushes.



From L-R: The Body Shop All-In-One Cheek Colour Shade 01 Macaroon / NYX Blush 08 Cinnamon / MAC Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon / MAC Powder Blush Fleur Power / The Body Shop Cheek Blush Shade 01 Vibrant Rose.


From L-R: The Body Shop All-In-One Cheek Colour Shade 01 Macaroon / NYX Blush 08 Cinnamon / MAC Sheertone Blush Pink Swoon 


 From L-R: MAC Powder Blush Fleur Power / The Body Shop Cheek Blush Shade 01 Vibrant Rose


 *Swatches are in same order as blushes




Orange has been a really hit colour these 2 years and if you are looking for a true orange blush, definitely consider getting NYX Cinnamon. The Body Shop Macaroon is another great take on orange blushes but much much more toned down. I would say it is more of a peach colour.

If orange isn't your thing, there is always MAC Fleur Power which gives a warm rosey glow to the cheeks. You do need a really light hand when using this blush. I use this blush to achieve a I've-been-out-in-the-sun-for-a-while without the lobster red face that comes with it. 

Of course an everyday pink shade for summer would be Pink Swoon which is a bright peachy pink with a warm undertone and a shimmery pink blush from The Body Shop Vibrant Rose. I actually have been wearing Vibrant Rose almost daily these past few weeks. The sponge applicator makes application so easy, I just tap the applicator on my apples and blend it out with a blush brush. The shimmer is almost non visible when applied but gives a really nice glow and shine under the sun.

That's all guys! Let me know in the comments below which blush is your favourite blush for summer and I'll see you guys in my next post!


Love,
Hannah


No comments :

Post a Comment