Review | Tanda Zap Acne Clearing Device


Hi guys! Today's post will be a review on the Tanda Zap that I got slightly more than a month ago. I got this from Amazon (click here), I don't think you can buy this here physically in Singapore. Some sources says that Sephora sells them but is much more expensive compared to buying them online. 











What it is: A pocket-sized beauty tool that clears acne blemishes fast. 
What it does: Zap is the triple threat for pimples: it uses powerful blue light to destroy acne-causing bacteria while subtle vibration and gentle warming help to open pores so bacteria is exposed to the zit-zapping light.



What else you need to know: The Tanda Zap remains fully effective for 1,000 uses, 10-times more than any other zit zapper. Safe for all skin types and tones, it causes no dryness or irritation. Clinically proven to clear or fade blemishes within 24 hours.


I was considering 2 devices before deciding on the Tanda Zap. The first option I had in mind was the Zeno Hot Spot Blemish Clearing Device which costs US$30-$40 but only has 80 counts (80 uses). So the obvious winner is the Tanda Zap which is around US$40-$49 but has 1000 counts! (1000 uses)










Pros:
The treatment area is large, unlike the Zeno Hot Spot which concentrates on only one small blemish area, you get a wider effective area with the Tanda. There are total of 7 bulbs.

There are 3 AAA batteries provided with every unit purchased.

There is no pain at all, the bulbs do get a little heated up if you use it continuously for at least 4-5 times but I would not consider that anywhere near painful. 

Since the treatment area is larger, definitely the battery is going to die faster. My first set of batteries that came together with the product lasted me over a month of daily 'spammage' as I like to call it. I am pleasantly surprised considering how much negative reviews there are over the poor battery life. The switch will flicker red when the battery is dying and I counted 4.5 more uses until the batteries finally died. 
The device did not cause any irritation to my skin.



Cons:
After using all 1000 counts, you have to purchase a completely new unit, there is no replacement cartridge unlike the Zeno Hot Spot where cartridges are available. But you really can't beat the price of the Tanda Zap.

Because the device vibrates when switched on, it does produce a buzzing sound. The sound is equivalent to a vibrating mobile phone. 
It can be troublesome/time consuming holding up the device for 2 mins especially if you have multiple acne areas to zap. 
  


Did It Work?
I think it is more effective on bigger painful pimples & pus-filled zits rather than on smaller bumps. I currently have 2 medium sized painful bumps and I find that I worked really well on them. The zits are smaller in size, less painful and feel dry. Note that the process took around 3 days.  I do find the device effective but not as fast as it promises

Sounds gross but zits ripe faster using the Tanda Zap! If you feel a bump coming up, use it immediately and it will reduce the redness and inflammation. I initially took before and after pictures to show the effects of using it, but since the haze has messed up my skin, the after pictures in fact look even worse than before so I decided not to include them.    



Yadda Yadda:
Will I repurchase?  Yes! If you have stubborn acne and nothing seems to work for you, give this a try! Do not expect instant or overnight results.


Price: 5/5 (cheap compared to other acne clearing devices)
Packaging: 5/5 (small and handy)
Effectiveness: 3/5 (no instant results, time consuming)
Overall rating: 4/5


Let me know in the comments below what are your favourite tips and tricks to keep acne at bay! Mine is the Tanda Zap acne clearing device! 


Love,
Hannah


No comments :

Post a Comment