Nyx Blush in Cinnamon & The Body Shop Blush in 01 (Part 2)


The Body Shop Powder Blush in 01

Hey guys! This post will be the 2nd part of the review and this review is going to be on The Body Shop Powder Blush in 01. Read the previous review on Nyx blush in Cinnamon here. This blush doesn’t state the colour on the back so I’ll just call it shade 01. This was a Christmas gift from my aunt and I went to The Body Shop the other day and saw this blush in their makeup section for SGD$22.90. 








Swatches





Pros:

It is a very versatile everyday pale pink shade. The pink is on the cooler side I would say but still a very wearable light pink blush. 

You can use a heavy hand with this blush as it is not as pigmented and bright as the NYX powder blushes. As seen in the swatches, it is a matte blush therefore there are no shimmers or sheen to it.

It compliments fairer skin tones very well especially with girls who has extremely fair skin (NC10-20), this is a good everyday blush. The blush gives off a very subtle flush that is very natural and not obvious to others (that you are wearing blush) at all.




Cons:

As you guys can see from the swatches, this blush is a tad chalky and the shade is pretty light. I do have to go over pack the powder on for the colour to actually show up. Therefore I do not at all recommend to peeps with skin tones NC30 and over. It will definitely not show up. 

The blush pan looks pretty small and it IS in fact smaller than the NYX powder blushes. The Body Shop (TBS) blush contains 4g of product while the NYX powder blushes contain 5.2g of product. And the fact that TBS blushes are WAY more expensive (SGD$22.90) than the NYX blushes (Approx SGD$7-10) just does not justify its worth.





Yadda Yadda: 

This blush was a gift from my lovely and beautiful Aunt. I personally do not really recommend it. The colour barely shows up and price tag is a huge downside to purchasing this blush. The powder looks chalky and has poor pigmentation. However for girls who are looking for pale matte pink blushes, you may want to try this out. Will I repurchase? Nope, I do like more pigmented blushes. 



Packaging: 4.5/5
Product: 3/5
Price: 2/5
Lasting power: 3/5
Overall rating: 3/5


A/N: If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me or leave a comment. I do reply to all my emails and comments. Thank you so much for reading my blog and I hope you have a great day ahead :)










Love,

Anonymous


No comments :

Post a Comment