EcoTools 6 piece brush set & 5 piece brush set review + which set should you buy


Hey guys! I decided to post a review today since I've been posting too many haul posts. So recently I bought some brush sets from EcoTools. I got the 6 piece brush set and the 5 piece brush set. I will first start off with the 5 piece brush set review then followed by the 6 piece brush set.

*Do note that the pouch is considered as 1 item.



EcoTools 5 piece brush set


L - R : Baby Kabuki, Mineral Powder Brush, Eye Shading Brush, Concealer Brush



Baby Kabuki : I like my powder brushes dense, so I find that this kabuki brush lacks density (too soft therefore it does not grab powder well). The bristles are very smooth and soft so there is absolutely no scratching. I like the size, very travel friendly.

Mineral Powder Brush : Again, it works well for translucent/loose powder, not really that great for foundation powders where you have to buff the powder in circular motions to get a flawless application.

Eye Shading Brush : I like this brush for blending my eyeshadow. Not particularly great for precision because the size of my eyes are so tiny, but it works great for overall blending.

Concealer Brush :  A very basic concealer brush. I would appreciate a smaller concealer brush for a more precise application, but this brush is great for covering redness on the chin and around the nose.







EcoTools 6 piece brush set




 L - R : Lash & Brow Groomer, Blush Brush, Eyeliner Brush, Eye Shading Brush, Concealer Brush


Lash & Brow Groomer : Awesome brush. I love the bristles on the brush, not too hard or soft and does not scratch my eyebrow area. The comb portion is pretty basic.

Blush Brush : I do like this blush brush for overall powder application. I use this on occasions where I need fast application because it is pretty wide. If you need precision (when using bright/heavy colours), you may not enjoy this brush as much.

Eyeliner Brush : This brush is too big for my eyes. I find it hard to achieve a thin line as the brush has a thick width. I much prefer using this as a eyebrow brush for brow powders.

Eye Shading Brush : Pretty basic brush although I much prefer my The Face Shop eye shading brush which is smaller and has better control when applying eyeshadow. Since the bristles are synthetic, it does not pick up powder well.

Concealer Brush : Exactly the same as the one in the 5 piece brush set. Not spectacular for covering up individual problem spots but great for concealing redness around bigger areas.




Pros: 
1) Environmental Friendly and comes with travel pouch
2) Affordable. Find good deals online and get the brush sets cheaper than in stores.
3) Great for expanding brush collection.
4) Good quality (all their brushes have very soft bristles)


Cons: 
1) Not much of a variety, includes very basic brushes


Which brush set should you buy? 
I would recommend the 6 piece brush set over the 5 piece brush set. In the 6 piece brush set, you get more brush variety (a blush brush, eyebrow groomer, eyeliner brush) whereas the 5 piece brush set only provide a kabuki and a mineral powder brush which both I feel are ultimately the same (the mineral powder brush is only at most 10% denser). So in the 5 piece brush set you are paying money to get 2 same brushes, therefore makes the set slightly less worth it.



Price: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5
Effectiveness: 3/5
Overall rating: 4/5



Let me know if you have any brushes from EcoTools and if so, which are your favourite brushes. I have to say that my favourite brush from EcoTools would still be their Retractable Kabuki Brush. I'll see you guys in my next post! 


Join my 80 followers giveaway if you haven't already! Cheers!



Love,
Hannah


No comments :

Post a Comment