Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

So I finally got my hands on the highly raved Urban Decay Naked Basics palette around 2 weeks ago. This palette has been one of the top must buy eyeshadow palettes ever since it launched and I was excited to try it out. I am also contemplating on getting Naked 2, just so I can do more comparisons between the 2 palettes.










A quick rundown of the shades:
Venus: A shimmery neutral highlighter shade. Great for browbone or the inner corners of the eyes.
Foxy: Yellow toned pale beige shade. Very close to my skin colour. Can be used as a matte highlighter (for darker skin tones) or an allover eyelid shade.
Walk Of Shame: Pinkish beige neutral shade. Also a very nice allover eyelid shade 
Naked 2: A dirty taupe. I use this as a transition colour from the light to medium shades.
Faint: A true matte black. Great as eyeliner or in the outer crease to deepen intensity.  



Pros:
The colours are more dynamic and versatile than you think, only using 1 palette you can create many neutral eye looks. The Naked Basics have very basic, classic shades, majority being matte, so this is a necessity palette in my opinion for any girl. With this palette you can achieve everyday neutral eyeshadow look to smokey night out look. The colours are all gorgeous, smooth and pigmented, nothing less in what I expected from UD.

I don't see a ton of matte eyeshadow palettes in the market, and I am a big fan of anything matte. I feel that matte eyeshadow looks are softer, more natural and subtle compared to shimmer eyeshadows. Which is perfect for me who isn't a huge eyeshadow person. This palette is a nice expansion to my eyeshadow collection.

The Naked Basics palette retails for S$40 at Sephora outlets. S$40 for six Urban Decay eyeshadows is quite worth it and the awesome compact packaging totally worth every buck. And the size is no bigger than my iPhone 5, extremely travel friendly.


Cons:
The most major concern is that there are fall outs, so be careful when applying darker shades. Also, if you are not a fan of wearing neutral eye shadows, you may not love this palette as much as you hope to. If you like shimmery eyeshadows, this may not be the palette for you. But that being said, I still think that the Naked Basics is a nice palette to have.

For girls with a large eyeshadow collection, you can consider skipping this palette as you may already have similar/identical neutral shades. Also if you have a darker skin tone, try swatching it on back of the hands before purchasing because I find that some of these shadows, especially Foxy and W.O.S are on the lighter side and may not show up.


Yadda Yadda:
Will I repurchase? Yes, I definitely will. The Naked Basics is the ultimate one-stop neutral eyeshadow palette that every girl should get and I feel that it is worth the splurge. 


Price: 4/5
Packaging: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
Overall rating: 5/5


Do you own a Naked Basics? Let me know if you like it or hate it down in the comments below!


Love,
Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment