Holika Holika Blush No. 4 Purple


Review for Holika Holika Blush No. 4 Purple



Hey guys! I’ll be reviewing the Holika Holika Blush in No.4 Purple which was featured in my recent Korea Beauty Haul. Through these past few years I have been crazily falling in love with powder blushes. Maybe you guys can relate to me, but I just find myself hunting for blushes in every shade possible.  


For girls with fair skin like me, blush is always a relevant step in my makeup routine. People are always telling me how pale and even worse, ghastly I look and sadly, part of that statement is true. Blushes brings back colour to the face, it can make the skin look healthy and refreshed. Now this particular blush has climbed to my top 5 best blushes of all times!


















 Swatches












Pros: 

This cool tone matte pastel purple blush is extremely suitable for fair girls as it brings out the light natural skin colour and it looks amazing. If you are going for a more natural look, I highly recommend this blush. I was trying to find a blush that was able to achieve light baby pink cheeks but unfortunately even the lightest pink blush I tried could not match my ideal pink cheeks.


 I can see this being very popular in Korea because they like to achieve very natural looks and this blush brings out a winter glow in the skin.


It may look chalky in swatches but after applying onto the cheeks it looks very smooth. I do think it can be used as an everyday blush because it is more of a very cool tone pink rather than a BAM purple. 


The colour is very sheer so it is not easy to over apply. The powder is very fine and I find that it does not create fall outs after swirling the brush in multiple times unlike some other blushes I own. 



 
Cons:

Mixed with the natural flush that the cheek already has, this blush comes out as a very light cool pinkish shade and definitely not a purple so if you are looking for a stark purple blush shade, I’m afraid this may not be the most appropriate choice. 

The blush is definitely sheer so I only recommend it to girls with fairer skin (light to medium). I am not sure if the blush will appear on tanner skin tones.




Yadda Yadda:

I bought it for $8 at Beauty Face in Korea. I have no idea how much it costs in Singapore so do leave it in the comments below if you have seen it. Will I repurchase? Maybe not because I really do not repurchase blushes because there are so many to try out and there are always dupes for any colour in mind.


I will recommend this blush if you are of fairer skin tones and looking for a cool pink blush. I may not recommend if you already have a large collection of blushes because high chances are that you already own a similar colour.   



 
A/N: If you have any questions or suggestions/ feedback, please leave them in the comments below, I will get back to your ASAP! I am currently working full time which means a crazy 9 hrs in an office everyday therefore the posts may be less frequent! I will try to post as much as I can so please be patient!




Packaging: 4/5
Lasting power: 3.5/5 (since it is sheer, it tends to fade out during the day)
Price: 5/5 (pretty affordable)
Overall rating: 4/5



Love,

Anonymous



1 comment :

  1. Hi

    Too bad the shop at Wisma closed. I wanted to get the blusher with the embossed cat for mother's day...

    Enjoy your holiday!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete