Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Review for Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

Hey hey! Today I’ll be reviewing the popular moisturizer highly recommended by all dermatologists which is the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. You guys know that I am a slave for my Holy Grail Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel, so is it a hit or a miss product for me? Read on to find out!


I bought the fragrance free moisturizer for chronic dry, sensitive skin. You guys must be thinking ‘Don’t you have combination skin?’ Why yes I do, but I remember watching one of a video of Juicystar07 and she was talking about how using a moisturizer for oily skin may end up dehydrating the skin and end up producing more oil. Even oily skin should be provided with as much moisture as possible. I thought that was very true and so I almost never get skincare products for oily/combo skin nowadays.    


Moisturizing Lotion specifically formulated to soothe chronically dry skin. Non-comedogenic Cetaphil® Moisturizing Lotion has a non-greasy formulation that is mild, non-irritating and long lasting. This gentle moisturizing formula contains emollients and humectants that bind moisture to the skin. This fragrance-free moisturizer contains no lanolins or parabens.












Pros:

The moisturizer is extremely hydrating. The texture is horrendously thick so I was really worried that it will clog my pores but luckily it really doesn’t. It is fragrance free but it has a chemical smell to it. I would recommend using this product during the colder days when the skin is drier. 

Cetaphil is a brand really popular among dermatologists so I thought you can’t really go wrong with it right? It does what it promises and does not irritate the skin at all. I would say there is a purging period when using this product, for about 3-4 days little bumps may form which might be mistaken as clogged pores but it will go away after a week. 

I found out that my Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel was not providing enough moisture for my face as I’m using harsh acne treatments (I will be doing a skin care routine soon so do stay tune) so I mix 1:1 portion of Cetaphil Moisturizer to Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel to achieve the best of both worlds

One bottle takes forever to finish because you really only need a little pea size.




Cons:

Extremely thick consistency, I cannot stress this enough. I been warned by so many reviewers about the thick texture and I thought it couldn’t be that bad. And I was WRONG! The moisturizer is definitely the thickest I’ve ever seen in any product. And I agree with other reviewers that this does leave a film on the face (not all gets absorbed) and makes it look greasy so if you have really oily skin, use only at night. 

I’m almost in an air-conditioned space more than half of the day and I find that the Cetaphil moisturizer does give enough hydration for my skin. I have combination skin and I use it every morning and night. 

The product comes in a squeeze bottle with a medium size opening and I find little control over the amount of product discharging. I always end up squeezing too much product out. 



 
Yadda Yadda:

I paid around SGD$19 for the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion (I can’t really remember but it is around that price). Net Weight 200ml. Will I repurchase? Yes, I love the hydrating factor despite the heaviness. I do recommend trying this moisturizer out if you have acne prone or sensitive skin. Do you guys have any good moisturizer to recommend?



Packaging: 3.5/5
Price: 4/5
Texture: 3/5
Effectiveness: 5/5
Overall rating: 4/5



Love,
Anonymous



No comments :

Post a Comment