NYX Tinted Lip Spa in TLS01 Copacabana

Review for NYX Tinted Lip Spa in TLS01 Copacabana

Hey babes! Back for another review and today will be on the tinted lip spa from NYX which I have featured in my recent Mini Haul. Copacabana is the lightest shade in the entire range and I’m surprise how little swatches and review Copacabana has so I thought why not I do it, right? Also I’m not really a fan of bold colours so I thought Copacabana will be great for my taste. 















Pros:

I wouldn’t say it is pigmented neither is it sheer. It is slightly more pigmented than a ordinary tinted lip balm but not as pigmented as a lipstick. The colour is definitely buildable. It leaves a glossy finish like lip balms do and it is indeed very moisturizing. 

On Makeupalley, some reviewers said that the menthol in it stings their lips and they felt like their lips were burning. I do find the menthol/minty smell a little overwhelming for my taste but the menthol feeling on the lips is really not that strong at all. The cooling effect did not last very long after applied on lips neither was it painful.

BUT! If you have wounds on the lips, this stuff is going to sting a little bit. Not like a ‘ouch!’ but more of a ‘oooh’ kind of feeling. I once peeled my lips until it bled and I applied the lip spa on and it did hurt a little so I will not recommend to peeps with really sensitive lips.  



Cons:

You guys know how sensitive and dry my lips are, even in such a humid weather, my lips still peel like crazy. And although this tinted lip spa is moisturizing on the lips, I find that after it dries out or gets wiped off, my lips get extra dry so I don’t think the healing properties are absorbed into the lips.  

But then again my lips are horribly dry so you guys can roughly judge it for your own lips. 

The shade wasn’t as light as I thought it would be. Looking at swatches I thought the colour  would be a nice pale milky pink but it wasn’t. It was definitely a my-lips-but-better-colour. Not a bad colour though, just wasn’t what I was expecting. The lip spa wasn’t any more long lasting compared to other lip balms/ treatments/ conditioner. 1 to 2 hours at most.




Yadda Yadda:

I paid SGD$7 for the NYX Tinted Lip Spa. Net Weight 0.18 OZ or 5g. Will I repurchase? No, I have too many similar shades and the moisturizing properties aren’t enough for my awful lips. Have you guys tried it yet? Do you think it’s good?


Packaging: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Pigmentation: 3/5
Lasting power: 2.5/5
Moisturizing factor: 3.5/5
Overall rating: 3.5/5


A/N: Posts may get more delayed for a while as school is stressing me out like crazy. I try to put up as many as I can, maybe more hauls or sales. 


Love,
Anonymous

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the review!
    I've been debating to get this or not.
    My lips need extra moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MSodapop

    Thank you for reading! I would recommend them if you only need mild hydration. It is moisturizing but still inadequate for my extremely dry lips :) Hope my reviews helps!

    ReplyDelete