Korea Trip 2012: Part 1



Hey guys! I am back from South Korea with a ton of goodies to share! I will be blogging my entire trip in Korea from where I stayed to all the tourist spots that I went to. I am thinking of splitting my post into maybe 3 parts. Links to other parts will be added at the end of this post. Fashion & cosmetic haul will be on another separate post so let’s get right into it! 


March 4
Heading into boarding area at Changi Airport. We took AirAsia from SG to KL and then transfer from KL to Incheon since AirAsia does not provide direct flights to Korea. I was pretty apprehensive about taking AirAsia after I read all the bad reviews online but the flight was fabulous and the stewardess were really pretty and helpful. The only complaint that I have was that the seats weren’t the most comfortable for a long flight. 






The flight duration to Seoul Incheon Airport took around 7 hours so I had an onboard meal that costs around SGD10. If I remembered correctly the dish was called Green Curry and the meal was delicious (prolly doesn't look that appetizing here)





Reached Incheon Aiport and the weather was so freezing COLD! Together with a tour group, we traveled to the Northern South Korea and there were heaps of snow. To give you guys a clearer impression of the weather, the season was end of winter beginning of spring ranging from 0 to 10 Degrees Celsius.

Went to Naksansa Temple but I did not manage to reach the temple because it was so chilly and the ground was slippery (you have to walk quite a distance). The view was fantastic but it was too cold to even take a picture, I couldn't even feel my fingers! I bought a cob of steamed corn but it tasted nasty. 










 First meal in Korea!





 We resided at Daemyung Resort. It snowed the entire night and this was the view I woke up to. 




Isn't it GORGEOUS?!

.

.

.

Went to some local fish market but it wasn’t that interesting.






Ate Seafood for dinner but I definitely is not a seafood person so I didn't really ate anything on the pan.




 

.

.

.


The next day we went to a sheep farm, the sheep were so adorable! Our tour guide said that the owner starve them a little  because when tourists feed them they will appear enthusiastic to their arrival. They looked really hungry and were almost hopping out to grab a small mouthful of animal feed. Coming from an animal lover, I wasn't too pleased to hear that but still cute anyways. 





 







Hello there cutie!









.

.


My Dr Martens in heaps of snow.







Lunch~!
 .

.

.

Off to Everland!





 
Next, we went to Everland which is the biggest amusement park in South Korea. There is also a Safari located in Everland where the infamous LIGER resides (LIGER is a baby of a Lion & Tiger so they literally named him Liger LOL)

Because the weather was so cold, the theme park was literally empty so for most of the rides, we do not have to queue. I heard that during certain seasons the waiting time for a ride can go up to 2 hours. 

.

.

.




 





On a cable ride!







.

.

.

 야! 뽀로로다!


.

.

.

 
Ate Bibimbap (mixed rice) for dinner and stayed at Pine Resort which has a huge man made ski park. 









 Meh! View wasn't so great...


Our next destination was Seoul Namsan Park. The view was spectacular and luckily it wasn’t raining or snowing. For all lovers out there, this is a must go spot in Seoul.












Locks from lovers around the world





Bin provided for disposing keys














That is all for part 1 folks! Stay tune for more upcoming posts on the remaining days at Jeju Island and Seoul and also read about all the goodies I bought at Korea!



Links will be added once post is up!



Love, 

Anonymous

2 comments :

  1. what a lovely winter @ Korea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thank you for reading my blog! Yes the view was breathtaking, my camera did not do the view any justice at all!

      Delete