Revlon ColourStay Creme Gel Eyeliner 002 Brown

.
Hey guys! Today's post will be a review on Revlon's ColourStay gel liner. I have never tried a brown gel eyeliner before, I am more of a black statement eyeliner girl. But on days where I go grocery shopping, to the post office, or just running some errands, black eyeliner can often look too over-done or even unapproachable.

There aren't many review on the brown gel liner so I thought I would go ahead and do one!

Revlon states that their ColourStay Creme Gel Eyeliner easily glides to create delicate to dramatic lines. Plus it is waterproof.

It comes in four basic shades, Black, Charcoal, Brown and Plum.






 The brush that came with the gel eyeliner is slightly angled and bigger than my KATE gel liner brush.



 Do you see the glitters?
 with flash








Please pardon my brows, I am growing them out for a brow tutorial. In the pictures below I have only eyebrows (Maybelline brow pencil), gel eyeliner (Revlon ColourStay), one coat of Mascara (Majolica Majorca Dolly Lashes).





Pros: 
At S$16.90, I give this product two thumbs up for the price, wait for occasional 20% off in stores! I got this for S$10.90 during a promotion.

It has amazing consistency, very soft and creamy and glides on extremely easily. Definitely the creamiest  texture I have ever tried in a gel liner pot.

Results look softer and less harsh than using a black gel liner.

I still prefer using my KATE eyeliner brush but I do give props to the sleek and compact design of the brush.



Cons:
It is expected that a brown gel liner would not be as pigmented as a black gel liner, but I find that I have go go over multiple times for the colour to show up. Not very pigmented but definitely buildable which also means that the pot would not last long as you have to use twice the amount of product. 

Revlon claims that this product lasts for 24 hours and I do not agree with that. I have oily lids and this lasts only 3-4 hours on me, which is slightly shorter than my MAC fluidline.

I am not a fan of glittery eyeliners. And although the glitters are not that visible when applied onto the lids, when the eyeliner is removed, the glitters were all over my face! Especially if you have sensitive eyes, I do not recommend using this.

The glass container is surprisingly tiny. The product only contains only 2.3g/0.08oz, which is significantly lesser than MAC fluidline that contains 3g/o.1oz. 



Yadda Yadda:
Give this a try if you want to achieve softer, more toned down eye-makeup or on days where you don't want to look too 'done'. I really like the end results, I think I will wear this out more often. Will I repurchase? Sadly no, I would probably try the plum or charcoal shade instead.



Price: 5/5
Packaging: 3/5
Lasting power: 2/5
Overall rating: 3/5


Ps: The blu-ish tint in the whites of my eyes look really apparent in the pictures! Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I'll see you in my next one, cheers!


Love,
Hannah




No comments :

Post a Comment