Maybelline Watershine Pure in B24


Review for Maybelline Watershine Pure in B24

Hey guys! Okay so first and foremost, sorry I haven’t uploaded a post in a week, I will try to update you guys more in this week’s post. My gramps has been really ill lately and yesterday he was admitted to the hospital but I’m so glad that everything is alright now. 

Today, I’ll be reviewing a product sent to me as a gift recently from Katina which is the Maybelline Watershine Pure in B24! Thank you so much for this gift I’m so happy to receive it! There is also a little note inside which is so thoughtful so thank you once again. I really enjoyed the product which is a lovely surprise because I always pass by Maybelline lip products without giving a second thought of trying them out.


This particular shade is a warm coral candy pink and as stated in the name, it has an extremely glossy finish and is very moisturizing.
















Swatches!







 
Pros:

I love the finish to bits. If you have dry lips, this is going to be the lipstick for you. It is less streaky than most moisturizing lipsticks I’ve tried before and it amazingly diminishes all the cracks and dry areas. My pictures did not do this lipstick any justice at all!

The lipstick is not as sheer as a lip gloss but not as pigmented as a dry formula lipstick. I find it quite buildable and I love that extremely glossy look it gives when loads are packed on. 

I can see it as a very easy to mix colour, you can top it off a nude colour and tone down the redness of this lipstick or add it over a pale pink colour and sort of brighten it up.  

The packaging is very simple and practical. Not much design going on which can definitely be improved. But overall, I’m very pleased with the size and durability. 

The product itself although is creamy, it is quite strong and hard. I don’t think it would melt or break off during normal conditions unless you place it in a extremely warm area or press on it harshly. Usually creamy or ‘wet’ lip products such as my NYX tinted lip spa in Copacabana tend to melt off the edges but I’m fine with this Maybelline lipstick.

 It still dried out my lips a little but compared to other lipsticks that I've tried, the moisturizing factor is pretty amazing. I mean even lip balms dry the crap out of my lips. Just so you guys know. For people without dry lips I'm sure this will be very moisturizing for you.



Cons:

Well, as all creamy and moisturizing lip products do, they do not stay on the lips for long. Reapplication every once in awhile is needed and it tends to fall into cracks upon drinking but I just rub my lips together and the streaks go away. 

It comes in only a limited number of shades and the most of them are reds so I would love it if Maybelline can produce more shades in this line in the near future. 

Creamy lip products usually get used up pretty quickly, that’s nothing new. Within a few reapplications, I can already see a dent in it. However for the price of SGD13.90, this is a real steal. 

Similarly to all coral pinks, it does make the teeth look a little yellow but that can’t really be avoided.







Yadda Yadda:

This was a gift from Katina, I did not pay it with my money. Will I repurchase? YES! It cost SGD$13.90 at Guardian Pharmacies and for the price, this lipstick is so worth it. So go get it immediately!


Packaging: 4/5 (Plain looking but very practical)
Price: 5/5 (extremely affordable)
Long lasting: 3/5 (frequent reapplication)
Overall ratings: 4/5




A/N: I hadn’t had a chance to purchase another shade yet but if I have I’ll post a picture of it up! Come back tomorrow for my April Fashion Haul! 



Love,

Anonymous


3 comments :

  1. Hi AR

    This looks so good on you !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi AR

    BHG is on sale and the Maybelline's are oon 20% !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katina!

      Thank you for informing me, I will definitely be checking the sale out. I heard that Watsons are having 20% off cosmetics as well so I will be restocking all my staples up. Thank you for your gift and always for reading! :)

      Delete