MAC Mineralized SkinFinish Natural in Medium


MAC Mineralized SkinFinish Natural in Medium

Hey guys! Sorry I have not been posting regularly, I’m currently working full time so I don’t have much spare time to do reviews but I’ll definitely post 1 up every week. As you can see from the title, today we are going to be talking about the MAC mineralized skin finish natural. I can’t believe I have not done a review on this yet because I have been using it every time I am going out recently and I am absolutely in love with it.  

  









 Swatches





 
Pros:

It gives the most natural, flawless finish to the skin. The powder is very fine and it blurs out all the minor imperfections that the skin has. I am always faithful to my Revlon translucent powder for setting any concealer or foundation (I don’t really use foundation/BB on a daily basis) but it does make me skin look a little dry and cakey.

This magical powder on the other hand makes the skin look even better after a few hours of application. When I first bought it, I thought it would just be another expensive yet ordinary setting powder, maybe a little better than my Revlon translucent powder that I normally reach out for. But its performance is pretty astonishing. Give it a little time and it will melt into your skin and create a flawless canvass. Even after a long day, my face still looks fabulous. 

It leaves a smooth, satin finish that is not shimmery at all but reflects light amazingly.  For reference, I am a NC25 and I use Medium shade. 

The product comes in a dome shape that all products in the mineralized line has. I have been using it religiously for around 3 months now and I haven’t made a dent yet. It does produce fall outs quite easily but most compact powders do as well and it doesn’t bother me that much.   

 It is pretty compact, definitely more travel-friendly than my loose translucent powder, and useful for travelling or on-the-go touch ups. However, there is no compartment for a brush or sponge unlike the MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation so you do have to carry a separate brush or sponge. 




Cons:

The powder is pretty pricey for a finishing powder. If I’m not wrong it cost around SGD$35 at MAC outlets. Although the cost may be on the pricier side, the product lasts forever so do not hesitate on splurging on this item because it will be there for a good whole year

I do not find it has any coverage at all so if you are looking for a foundation powder I do not recommend this. This powder only provides a nice satin finish to the skin. Many people use it as a setting/finishing powder. I use it over my BB cream or alone on days where I am just running some errands I use it just to give my face a little colour. 

The only big con I find is that this powder has no ability to control any oils at all. I do get oily during the day but I really like the radiant look that it gives so I have to blot maybe once every few hours. 

As usual with many of the MAC products, many reviewers find that MAC products break them out. My acne problem has stabilized a lot through recent months so I did not break out from it at all. 

It does not contain any mirrors or a compartment for any sponge applicators unlike the MAC Studio FixPowder Plus Foundation so you do need an additional sponge or brush for any on-the-go touchups.  





Yadda Yadda:

I paid around $35 for my Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. Will I repurchase? Yes! If you are looking for a finishing powder that provides a flawless looking skin, I highly recommend this! Do recommend me your favourite powders in the comment section below. 


 

Packaging: 4/5 (-1 for the lack of mirror)
Price: 3.5/5 (expensive but worth the penny)
Lasting power: 4/5
Overall rating:  4/5 




If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to email me at ar_enquiry@hotmail.com or leave it in the comments sections below. Comments are always loved! 



Love,

Anonymous





1 comment :